Unfortunately, bad things happen. When we hear about these events happening to people we care about, expressing our sympathy can go a long way. Doing so is often difficult as we want to communicate our concern but don't want to be intrusive or offensive. With these tips and your sincere sentiments, your words of comfort are likely to be meaningful to the person in your life who is having a tough time.
不幸的是,壞事發生了。當我們聽到這些事件發生在我們所關心的人身上時,表達我們的同情可以起到很大的作用。這樣做往往是困難的,因為我們想傳達我們的關切,但不想被打擾或冒犯。有了這些建議和你真摯的感情,你的安慰之詞很可能對你生活中遇到困難的人有意義。

Structuring Common Phrases of Sympathy in English
英語同情心常用短語的結構

Here are some common phrases to help you express sympathy.
以下是一些常用的表達同情的短語。

I'm sorry to hear about + Noun/Gerund
很抱歉聽到+名詞/動名詞

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with the boss. I know he can be really difficult at times.
聽說你和老板有困難,我很難過。我知道他有時會很難相處。

Ellen just told me the news. I'm sorry to hear about your not getting into Harvard!
艾倫剛剛告訴我這個消息。聽說你沒進哈佛我很難過!

Please accept my condolences.
請接受我的哀悼。

This phrase is used to express sympathy when someone has died.
這句話是用來表示某人死后的同情。

Please accept my condolences. Your father was a great man.
請接受我的哀悼。你父親是個偉人。

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my condolences.
聽到你的損失我很難過。請接受我的哀悼。

That's so sad.
太難過了。

That's so sad that you lost your job.
你失業的事我很遺憾。

That's so sad that he doesn't love you anymore.
他不再愛你了,我表示很難過。

I hope things get better soon.
希望一切都會盡快好起來。

This phrase is used when people have been having difficulty over a long period of time.
該短語用于經歷了很長一段時期的困難的人們。

I know your life has been difficult lately. I hope things get better soon.
我知道你的日子進來過得很艱難。希望一切都會盡快好起來。

I can't believe how much bad luck you've had. I hope things get better soon.
我真不敢相信你運氣會這么差。希望一切都會盡快好起來。

I hope you feel better soon.
希望你很快好起來。

This phrase is used when someone is experiencing health problems.
該短語用于某人正遇到健康問題的時候。

I'm so sorry you broke your leg. I hope you feel better soon.
很遺憾你的腿受傷了。希望你能盡快好起來。

Stay home for the week. I hope you feel better soon.
在家休養一個星期吧。希望你能盡快好起來。

Example Dialogue
示范性對話

Expressing sympathy is used in a number of situations. For example, you might express sympathy for someone whose family member has passed away. Generally, we express sympathy to someone who has difficulties of some sort. Here are some example dialogues to help you learn when to express sympathy in English.
在很多情形下,我們都要表達同情。例如,你可能會對一個家人剛

去世的朋友表達自己的同情。一般來說,我們會對遇到困難的人表示自己的同情。

Person 1: I've been rather sick lately.
最近我生病了。

Person 2: I hope you feel better soon.
希望你能盡快好起來。

Another Example
另一個例子

Person 1: Tim has been having a lot of troubles lately. I think he might be getting a divorce.
蒂姆最近麻煩事挺多。我想他可能正在辦離婚手續。

Person 2: I'm sorry to hear about Tim's problems. I hope things get better for him soon.
聽到蒂姆的事我很難過。我希望他一切都能盡快好起來。

Writing Sympathy Notes
寫慰問信

It's also common to express sympathy in writing. Here are some common phrases you can use when writing a sympathy note to someone. Notice that it is common to use the plural 'we' and 'our' when expressing written sympathy as a way to express that a family. Finally, it's important to keep a sympathy note short.
通過寫作來表達自己的同情也是很常見的。這里有一些常見的短語,你可以在給某人寫慰問信時用到。注意,當寫慰問信時,我們經常使用we和our等復數形式作為代表自己全家的方式。

My heartfelt condolences on your loss.
對于你的損失,我衷心地表示遺憾。

Our thoughts are with you.
我們的心永遠與你同在。

She/he was a lot of things to many people and will be missed tremendously.
她/他對許多人來說意義非常,我們會永遠懷念她/他。

I am thinking of you in your time of loss.
在你失意之時,捎去我的問候。

We are very saddened to hear of your loss. With deepest sympathies.
聽聞你的損失我們很難過。致以最深刻的慰問。

You have my sincere sympathy.
致以最真誠的慰問。

You have our deepest sympathy.
深表同情。

Example Sympathy Note
慰問信舉例

Dear John,
親愛的約翰

I heard recently that your mother passed away. She was such a wonderful woman. Please accept my heartfelt condolences on your loss. You have our deepest sympathy.
近來聽聞你母親過世的噩耗。她是一位優秀的女性。請接收我對你衷心的慰問。我們對你深表同情。

Warm regards,
溫暖的問候

Ken

?