Business English phrases for meetings.
商務英語會議用語。

Meetings play a very big part in the business world. During meetings, important decisions are made, people are promoted, demoted, hired or even fired!
會議在商業世界中扮演著非常重要的角色。在會議期間,做出重要的決定,人們被提升,降職,雇用甚至解雇!

The future of companies is predicted, business tactics are analysed, competitors are targeted and strategies are planned.
對企業的未來進行了預測,對企業的經營策略進行了分析,對競爭對手進行了定位,并對戰略進行了規劃。

A lot of time is spent organising, attending, hosting and holding meetings, so understanding your position in the meeting and knowing how to provide input is essential.
很多時間都花在組織、出席、主持和召開會議上,因此了解你在會議中的地位并知道如何提供意見是至關重要的。

In this post, I will aim to provide all the valuable information you need to be equipped with when you enter that meeting room.
在這篇文章中,我將致力于提供所有有價值的信息,你需要配備時,你進入那個會議室。

Useful English Phrases For Running A Business Meeting
開商務會議的有用英語短語

1. SAMPLE PHRASES FOR GETTING STARTED ?? WELCOMING ?? MAKING INTRODUCTIONS AND APOLOGIES
一。開始使用的示例短語>>>歡迎>>>介紹和道歉

Right, everyone has arrived now, so let’s get started.
好了,大家都到了,我們開始吧。

If we are all here, let’s start the meeting.
如果我們都在這里,就開始開會吧。

Now that everyone is here, shall we begin?
既然大家都來了,我們開始吧?

Shall we get down to business?
我們直入主題好嗎?

Well, since everyone is here, we should get started.
既然大家都來了,我們開始吧?

Okay, we have a lot to cover today, so we really should get started.
好吧,我們今天有很多事情要做,所以我們真的應該開始了。

Hello everyone. Thank you for coming today.
大家好。謝謝你今天來。

Okay, let’s begin. Firstly, I’d like to welcome you all.
好吧,我們開始吧。首先,我想歡迎大家。

Thank you all for coming at such short notice.
謝謝你們這么快就來。

I really appreciate your attendance to this meeting.
我真的很感謝你出席這次會議。

For those of you who don’t know me yet, I am …
對于那些還不認識我的人,我是…

Please join me in welcoming …
請和我一起歡迎…

I’d like to extend a warm welcome to …
我想對……表示熱烈的歡迎…

We are pleased to welcome …
我們很高興歡迎…

Firstly, I’d like to introduce …
首先,我想介紹一下…

For anyone who hasn’t met our new … yet, this is …
對于那些還沒見過我們新的…但是,這是…

It’s a pleasure for me to welcome …
我很高興歡迎…

I’d like to take a moment to introduce …
我想花點時間介紹一下…

I know most of you, but there are a few unfamiliar faces. I am …
我認識你們大多數人,但也有一些不熟悉的面孔。我是…

(Name) has kindly agreed to take the minutes today. (Name) will be presenting the … (Name) has kindly agreed to give us a report on … (Name), would you mind taking notes / taking the minutes today please? (Name) will lead (topic) from the agenda. (Name), would you like to kick off with …? Unfortunately, Margaret cannot join us today. She was called away on urgent business. Mark will be taking the minutes today, as Sarah is at home with a fever.
(姓名)已同意今天做會議記錄。(姓名)將呈交…(姓名)已同意給我們一份關于…(姓名)的報告,你介意今天做筆記/做記錄嗎?(名稱)將從議程中引出(主題)。(名字),你想和…?不幸的是,瑪格麗特今天不能來了。她因急事被叫走了。馬克今天要做記錄,因為莎拉發燒在家。

I have received apologies for absence from …
我收到了缺席的道歉…

If you notice anyone missing, please let Mark know so he can make a note of it.
如果你發現有人失蹤,請告訴馬克,以便他能記下來。

2. PHRASES TO USE FOR OUTLINING PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES AND INTRODUCING THE AGENDA
用于概述主要目標和介紹議程的短語

We are here today to talk about …
我們今天在這里討論…

We are here to discuss …
我們是來討論…

Our main aim today is to …
我們今天的主要目標是…

I’ve called this meeting today in order to …
我今天召開這個會議是為了…

As you can see here on the agenda …
正如你在議程上看到的…

Firstly, we’ll be talking about …
首先,我們將討論…

First of all, we’ll discuss …
首先,我們將討論…

After that, we’ll be looking at …
在那之后,我們將看到...

Followed by …
接著...

If time allows, we will also cover …
如果時間允許,我們還將報道…

Then, I’ll be handing it over to … for …
然后,我會把它交給…因為…

Secondly, we’ll look at …
第二,我們來看看

Next, I’ll ask you for (feedback, comments, your opinion, your views, suggestions, ideas) on …
接下來,我會問你(反饋,評論,你的意見,你的觀點,建議,想法)關于…

And finally, we’ll discuss …
最后,我們將討論…

following the agenda - business english phrases for meetings
遵循議程-商務英語會議用語

FOLLOWING THE AGENDA
遵循議程

All the attendees should somehow see or receive a copy of the agenda, whether this is handed out to individuals on paper, shown on an overhead projector screen or written on a board in the meeting room. All the attendees should be able to follow the agenda as the meeting progresses, be fully aware of which topic is being discussed and what stage the meeting is at. Before beginning the first item on the agenda, it is also customary to outline the principal objectives and provide a brief verbal outline of the agenda.
所有與會者都應以某種方式看到或收到一份議程副本,無論是在紙上分發給個人,還是在投影儀屏幕上顯示,還是在會議室的黑板上書寫。所有與會者都應該能夠隨著會議的進展遵循議程,充分了解正在討論的主題和會議的階段。在開始議程上的第一個項目之前,通常還應概述主要目標并簡要口頭概述議程。

3. PHRASES TO USE FOR KEEPING THE MEETING IN AN EFFECTIVE FLOW
三.保持會議有效進行的短語

That’s a valid point but we will discuss that in more detail at a later date.
這是一個有效的觀點,但我們將在稍后更詳細地討論。

Okay, let’s talk more about that later on.
好吧,我們以后再談。

I’m afraid we’ll have to come back to this later.
我們恐怕得以后再討論這個問題。

We’re running short on time, so let’s move on to the next topic.
我們的時間不多了,所以我們繼續下一個話題。

We’re running behind now, so let’s skip to the next point on the agenda.
我們現在落后了,所以我們跳到議事日程上的下一點。

I’m afraid we only have 10 minutes left, so let’s move on to….
恐怕我們只剩下10分鐘了,所以我們繼續…。

We’ve spent too long on this issue now, let’s discuss it in more detail after this meeting.
我們在這個問題上花的時間太長了,我們在這次會議之后再詳細討論一下。

I think we’ll have to leave that there for now and move on to….
我想我們得暫時把它留在那兒,然后繼續…。

We’re pushed for time, so let’s discuss….
我們時間緊迫,讓我們討論一下…。

Let’s try to stay on topic, that can be discussed another time.
讓我們試著繼續討論這個話題,下次再討論。

You can discuss that amongst yourselves after the meeting.
你們可以在會后討論這個問題。

This matter is not on today’s agenda, let’s leave it for next time.
這件事不在今天的議程上,我們下次再說吧。

Let’s save this for another meeting.
我們把這個留到下次會議上吧。

Getting back to the task at hand….
回到手頭的任務…。

WATCHING THE TIME
留心時間

(Staying on track or getting back on track)
(保持正軌或回到正軌)

As I mentioned before, this is usually the main issue with meetings and the thing that attendees would be most likely to complain about.
如前所述,這通常是會議的主要問題,也是與會者最可能抱怨的問題。

A successful meeting is one that starts and finishes at the allotted time, with all the points on the agenda fully covered.
一個成功的會議是在指定的時間開始和結束,議程上的所有要點都被完全覆蓋。

It is the host’s (or chairperson’s) responsibility to ensure that the meeting does not go off topic, and that it stays within a suitable timeframe.
東道主(或主席)有責任確保會議不偏離主題,并在適當的時間范圍內舉行。

4. ASKING FOR OR OFFERING SUGGESTIONS OR FEEDBACK
四.征求或提供建議或反饋

I couldn’t agree with you more (I agree)
我非常同意你(我同意)

I completely agree with …
我完全同意…

Could I just say one thing please?
我能說一句話嗎?

If I could just come in here …
如果我能進來…

I would just like to add …
我只想補充…

May I come in here please?
我可以進來嗎?

Sorry, could you speak up a little please? I can’t hear you at the back.
對不起,你能大聲點嗎?我在后面聽不見你說話。

If I could have a chance to speak for a moment please.
如果我能有機會說幾句話。

I’m glad you brought that up. I’d like to add …
我很高興你提出來了。我想補充…

I’m afraid I’d have to disagree with you on that.
恐怕我不能同意你的看法。

I would just like to say that …
我只想說…

Excuse me for interrupting …
打擾一下…

I really feel that …
我真的覺得…

The way I see things …
我看待事物的方式…

In my opinion …
在我看來...

(Name), could you please tell us how … is progressing? (Name), how is the … coming along? Next, (name) will talk us through … (Name, have you managed to complete the …? (Name), when can we expect to hear about …? Has everyone received a copy of …? (Name), can we have your input on … please?
(姓名),你能告訴我們……進展如何嗎?(名字),這……進展如何?下一步,(姓名)將通過……(姓名,您是否完成了…?(名字),我們什么時候能聽到…?每個人都收到…的副本了嗎…?(姓名),請輸入…好嗎?

How do you feel about …?
你覺得…怎樣?

Are you positive that …?
你確定…?

What do you think about …
你認為...?

What are your views on …?
你對…有什么看法…?

Now, I’d like to hand over to (name), who will talk about …
現在,我想交給(姓名),他會談論…

This brings us to the next topic on the agenda, which will be introduced by (name).
這就引出了議程上的下一個主題,將由(name)介紹。

Why don’t we move on to …
我們何不繼續…

If no one has anything else to add, let’s move on to …
如果沒有人要補充什么,讓我們繼續…

asking for feedback - business english phrases for meetings
征求反饋-商務英語會議用語

Attendees will generally be asked to provide input by giving their opinion, making comments or suggestions, providing feedback or asking questions. It can sometimes be hard to have your say if many people would like to comment at the same time.
與會者通常被要求通過發表意見、提出意見或建議、提供反饋或提出問題來提供意見。如果有很多人想同時發表評論,有時你很難有發言權。

5. ASKING FOR CLARIFICATION
詢問解釋

(When you don’t understand something)
(當你不明白的時候)

I don’t quite follow you. What exactly do you mean?
我不太懂你的意思。你到底是什么意思?

I don’t see what you mean. Could you elaborate please?
我不明白你的意思。請詳細說明一下好嗎?

I’m afraid I don’t quite understand what you’re getting at.
恐怕我不太明白你在說什么。

Could you please explain to me how that is going to work?
你能解釋一下這是怎么回事嗎?

Do you mean that …?
你是說…?

So what you’re saying is that … (repeat what they said to get confirmation)
所以你要說的是…(重復他們說的以獲得確認)

You did say … didn’t you?
你說過…不是嗎?

Could you spell that please?
請拼一下好嗎?

Would you mind spelling that for me please?(repeat what they said in your own words) … is that what you mean?
請你幫我拼一下好嗎?(重復他們用你自己的話說的話)…這就是你的意思嗎?

Is it true that …? Correct me if I’m wrong please, you’re saying … (reiterate what they said) If you do not understand what is being said by someone in particular, instead of just letting it pass by, you should ask for clarification to ensure that you are on the same page (that you understand), because they may be talking about something that will also affect you!
是真的嗎…?如果我錯了,請糾正我,你是在說……(重申他們說的話)如果你不理解某個人說的話,而不是讓它過去,你應該要求澄清,以確保你在同一頁(你理解),因為他們可能在說一些也會影響你的事情你!

6. BRING THE MEETING TO A CLOSE
結束會議

(Ending the meeting)
結束會議

Is there any other business?
還有別的事嗎?

Does anyone have any other business?
有人有別的事嗎?

Any other business?
還有別的事嗎?

Would anyone like to make any final points?
有人想說最后一點嗎?

If there are no further points, I’d like to bring the meeting to a close.
如果沒有其他問題,我想結束會議。

Before we close the meeting, I’d like to briefly summarise the main points …
在我們結束會議之前,我想簡要總結一下要點…

Let me quickly go over today’s main points.
讓我快速回顧一下今天的要點。

To sum up …
總而言之…

Right, why don’t we summarise what we’ve agreed on today.
好吧,我們來總結一下我們今天達成的協議。

Shall I go over the main points before we adjourn?
在我們休會之前,我先討論一下要點好嗎?

I guess that will be all for today, thank you for taking part.
我想今天就到此為止,謝謝你的參與。

I think we should finish here.
我想我們應該在這里結束。

We seem to have been very efficient today, so let’s wrap up early.
我們今天看起來很有效率,所以我們早點結束吧。

We have covered everything on the agenda, so let’s end it here.
我們已經討論了議事日程上的每一件事,所以讓我們在這里結束吧。

If there is nothing else to add, I’d like to adjourn the meeting.
如果沒有別的事要補充,我想休會。

If there are no other comments, I’d like to wrap this meeting up.
如果沒有其他意見,我想結束這次會議。

It looks like we’ve finished ahead of schedule, so let’s finish up here.
看來我們提前完成了,所以讓我們在這里完成。

I’m afraid we’re going to have to cut this meeting short. I’ve just been informed of an urgent matter that needs to be dealt with immediately. I’m afraid we’ll have to end this meeting here. Let’s rearrange and continue this discussion another time. Thank you all for your input today. Thank you for your participation. Let’s end this here, shall we? I’m sure you all have other important work to get back to. Before you leave, please remember to sign the attendance sheet I almost forgot to mention…. I’d like to thank (name) for … Sorry, could I please have your attention for one more moment. I forgot to say… Before we go, let’s put our hands together for (clap or say congratulations)…. Most of you probably know this already, but I’d like to formally congratulate…. Please don’t forget to hand in your votes by the end of the week. I look forward to receiving emails from you all about your final vote. The minutes of the meeting will be sent to you all by (person’s name and/or time/date) … If anyone has any further questions, or would like to give any feedback privately, then please feel free to email me.
恐怕我們得縮短這次會議。我剛接到通知,有一件急事需要立即處理。恐怕我們得在這里結束這次會議。讓我們重新安排,下次再繼續討論。感謝大家今天的意見。謝謝你的參與。我們在這里結束吧,好嗎?我相信你們還有其他重要的工作要做。在你離開之前,請記得在我差點忘了提到的考勤表上簽名…。我想感謝(姓名)您……對不起,請您再注意一下。我忘了說…在我們走之前,讓我們雙手合十…。你們大多數人可能已經知道了,但我想正式祝賀…。請別忘了在周末前交上你的選票。我期待著收到你所有關于你最后投票的郵件。會議記錄將通過(姓名和/或時間/日期)發送給您。如果有人有任何進一步的問題,或想私下提供任何反饋,請隨時給我發電子郵件。

Once all the topics on the agenda have been covered, it is time to adjourn (end) the meeting. If the meeting is running over time, then it may be necessary to skip (not discuss) any less important topics, and end the meeting once all the main topics have been covered. Sometimes, a meeting may even finish early, if everything is covered ahead of time! You should always end the meeting by summarising the main points or decisions made (if needed) and thanking everyone for coming. This could also be the time to make any last minute remarks or reminders, or say a special thanks or congratulations to anyone.
一旦議程上的所有議題都討論完畢,現在是休會(結束)的時候了。如果會議持續一段時間,則可能需要跳過(而不是討論)任何不太重要的主題,并在討論完所有主要主題后結束會議。有時,會議甚至可能提前結束,如果一切都提前被覆蓋!會議結束時,你應該總結會議的要點或決定(如果需要的話),并感謝所有人的到來。這也可能是在最后時刻發表任何評論或提醒的時候,或是向任何人表示特別的感謝或祝賀的時候。

7. CALLING A MEETING(Organising and hosting a meeting)
召開會議(組織和主持會議)

If you feel there is something that needs to be discussed amongst the team, you may want to ‘call a meeting’, or you may be ‘called to a meeting’ by another colleague or superior. Meetings can be announced verbally in small teams, posted on bulletin boards or (most commonly these days) attendees are invited by email. If a verbal announcement is made, it should always be followed up by written confirmation. When contacting the prospective attendees, it is important to mention the time, date, place and topic/purpose of the meeting. If you are expecting to cover many topics, you should also send out an agenda (list of topics that will be discussed) so the attendees know what to expect and can prepare any questions, comments or information they would like to add to each point. Likewise, if you are called to a meeting and would like to prepare beforehand, don’t be afraid to ask the host (or chairperson) for a copy of the agenda!
如果你覺得團隊中有需要討論的事情,你可以“召集會議”,也可以由其他同事或上級“召集會議”。會議可以以小組形式口頭宣布,也可以張貼在公告欄上,或者(通常是現在)通過電子郵件邀請與會者。如果口頭宣布,應始終以書面確認為準。與潛在與會者聯系時,重要的是提及會議的時間、日期、地點和主題/目的。如果您希望涵蓋許多主題,您還應該發送一個議程(將要討論的主題列表),以便與會者知道期望的內容,并可以準備任何問題、評論或信息,他們希望添加到每一點。同樣,如果你被召集參加一個會議并且想提前準備,不要害怕向主持人(或主席)索要一份議程副本!

If anyone is expected to ‘have the floor’ (host a part of the meeting) or provide specific information, then don’t forget to notify them in person (or by phone if they’re not nearby!) of their duty, so they have time to prepare.
如果有人希望“發言”(主持會議的一部分)或提供具體信息,那么不要忘記親自通知他們(如果他們不在附近,也可以通過電話通知!)他們的職責,所以他們有時間準備。

calling a meeting - phrases for a business meeting
召開會議-商務會議的用語

SAMPLE EMAIL FOR CALLING A MEETING:
召集會議的電子郵件示例:

Good Afternoon Everyone,
大家下午好,

There will be a meeting next week Thursday (26th) at 3pm in Room 5C. All staff in the marketing team are expected to attend, as we will be discussing our strategy for the next quarter.
下周星期四(26日)下午3點在5C室舉行會議。由于我們將討論下一季度的戰略,預計營銷團隊的所有員工都將出席。

We’re having this meeting earlier than usual due to the sudden surge of popularity surrounding our latest product. Please come prepared with ideas, queries, suggestions for further promotions and any questions, as we will not have time to discuss this during peak time.
由于我們的最新產品突然大受歡迎,這次會議比平時提前舉行。請準備好進一步促銷的想法、問題、建議和任何問題,因為我們在高峰期沒有時間討論。

Please expect the meeting to last approximately 3 hours.
請期待會議持續約3小時。

Yours,
你的,

Nadine Thomas
納丁·托馬斯

Marketing Supervisor
市場主管

8. WRITING AN AGENDA(Preparing the itinerary/topics for discussion during the meeting)
編寫議程(準備會議期間討論的日程/主題)

One common issue that occurs with meetings is that they tend to run over the allocated time. If the attendees are told to keep 1 hour free for the meeting but are then occupied for 2.5 hours, then not only are they neglecting other important work, but it could also be very costly for the company. One popular idiom to describe this would be ‘Time is money’ . If carefully organised and appropriately hosted, then a meeting CAN run smoothly. Having clear aims, setting time limits per topic, sticking to the agenda, and knowing how to ‘get back on track’ are key components of an effective meeting. The attendees will be more likely to provide input by asking questions and offering feedback if they know what to expect.
會議中出現的一個常見問題是,它們往往會超過分配的時間。如果要求與會者在會議期間保留1小時的空閑時間,但隨后卻被占用了2.5小時,那么他們不僅忽視了其他重要工作,而且可能會給公司帶來很大的成本。一個流行的成語來形容這將是'時間就是金錢'。如果精心組織和適當主持,會議就可以順利進行。有明確的目標,設定每個主題的時間限制,堅持議程,知道如何“回到正軌”是有效會議的關鍵組成部分。與會者更可能通過提問和提供反饋(如果他們知道預期結果)來提供意見。

SAMPLE AGENDA
議程示例

MEETING AGENDA
會議日程

Marketing Strategy for Quarter 2 – Thursday 26thFebruary – Room 5C
第二季度營銷策略-2月26日星期四-5C室

15:00 – Welcome / Introduction / Refreshments
15: 00–歡迎/介紹/茶點

15:20 – Minutes from previous meeting
15: 20–上次會議記錄

15:30 – Quarter 1 so far – Presentation by Dominic
15: 30–迄今為止的第1季度–多米尼克介紹

16:00 – Positive effects of latest product
16: 00–最新產品的積極影響

16:20 – Issues and limitations
16: 20–問題和限制

16:40 – Feedback from last quarter
16: 40–上季度反饋

17:00 – New ideas for Q2*
17: 00–第二季度的新創意*

17:45 – Media attention / expectations
17: 45–媒體關注/期望

18:00 – Questions / Reminders / AOB**
18: 00–問題/提醒/AOB**

* Q2 is short for Quarter 2 i.e. the second quarter of the year (April to June). ** AOB is short for ‘Any Other Business’ (anything else that someone would like to discuss) and is very commonly used in meetings.
*第二季度是第二季度的簡稱,即今年第二季度(4月至6月)。**AOB是“任何其他業務”(任何其他有人想討論的業務)的縮寫,在會議中非常常用。

allocating roles - business english phrases for meetings
分配角色-會議用商務英語短語

9. SAMPLE PERSONAL REQUEST
個人請求示例

Nadine: Hi Dominic. How are you?
娜丁:你好,多米尼克。你好嗎?

Dominic: Fine, thanks. Is there something I can help you with?
多米尼克:好的,謝謝。有什么我能幫你的嗎?

Nadine: Yes, I’m planning on having next quarter’s meeting early this year and I was wondering if you could prepare a PowerPoint presentation about Quarter 1 so far, just so everyone is up to date with what has been going on so far. Could you do that please?
納丁:是的,我計劃今年早些時候召開下個季度的會議,我想知道你是否可以準備一份關于第一季度的演示文稿,以便大家都能了解到目前為止的情況。你能這樣做嗎?

Dominic: I’m afraid I’m quite busy this week…when is the meeting?
多米尼克:恐怕這周我很忙……什么時候開會?

Nadine: I was planning on arranging it for next week Thursday at 3pm.
納丁:我本來計劃下星期四下午3點安排的。

Dominic: Okay, that’s fine. That gives me time to prepare a slideshow over the weekend. No problem!
多米尼克:好吧,沒關系。這讓我有時間在周末準備一個幻燈片。沒問題!

Nadine: Thank you Dom, I really appreciate it. I’ll allocate a 30 minute slot to you for the presentation, as there is a lot to cover. Does that suit you?
納丁:謝謝你,多姆,我真的很感激。我會給你安排一個30分鐘的演講時間,因為有很多內容要講。你覺得合適嗎?

Dominic: Yes, I should be able to fit everything into that timeframe.
多米尼克:是的,我應該能把所有的事情都安排在那個時間范圍內。

Nadine: Great, thanks again. Let me know if you get stuck on anything (if you have any problems).
納丁:太好了,再次謝謝。如果你有什么問題,請告訴我。

ALLOCATING ROLES(Assigning specific duties to other members of staff)
分配角色(將特定職責分配給其他員工)

The person hosting the meeting may decide to allocate roles to other staff, such as taking minutes during the meeting (keeping a record of who attends and what is discussed), speaking about a certain subject, providing figures or data on a specific topic. If you are allocated a role by the meeting host, then remember to ask questions about anything you don’t understand, rather than guessing…because it’ll be too late to prepare again once the meeting has begun! If you are hosting the meeting and would like to allocate a role to someone, remember to give them plenty of notice so they can prepare what you have asked them to do. Also, ask them if they are able to take on this role before you announce to everyone that they will be doing it, just in case they cannot.
主持會議的人可以決定將角色分配給其他工作人員,例如在會議期間做會議記錄(記錄出席者和討論內容)、談論某一主題、提供某一特定主題的數字或數據。如果會議主持人給你分配了一個角色,那么記住對任何你不明白的事情提出問題,而不是猜測……因為一旦會議開始,再做準備就太晚了!如果你要主持會議,并且想給某人分配一個角色,記得給他們很多通知,這樣他們就可以準備好你讓他們做的事情。另外,在你向每個人宣布他們將要做這件事之前,問問他們是否能擔當起這個角色,以防萬一。

10. TAKING THE MINUTES(Recording the meeting)
10.做會議記錄

This usually consists of keeping a list of the attendee’s names, and recording everything that is discussed, in case it needs to be discussed again or reviewed in the future.
這通常包括保留與會者名單,并記錄討論的所有內容,以防將來需要再次討論或審查。

Generally, someone who is not participating in the meeting would be called upon to be the minute-taker, but anyone may be assigned this responsibility, so it is good to be ready for it, in case your manager asks you to do it. Before the meeting begins, the minute-taker should obtain a copy of the previous (related) meeting’s minutes, a copy of the agenda for the new meeting and have a list of who is supposed to be attending, to hand. If you are not familiar with taking minutes, then it may be good to have an outline before going into the meeting to help guide you through everything that needs to be recorded. A standard outline should include:
一般來說,不參加會議的人會被要求做記錄員,但任何人都可能被指派這一職責,因此做好準備,以防經理要求你做這件事。在會議開始之前,記錄員應獲得先前(相關)會議記錄的副本、新會議議程的副本以及應出席的人員名單。如果你不熟悉做會議記錄,那么在參加會議之前最好有一個提綱,幫助你完成所有需要記錄的事情。標準大綱應包括:

The topic of the meeting / main items on the agenda
會議議題/主要議程項目

Meeting details (time, place, host, start time, end time)
會議詳細信息(時間、地點、主持人、開始時間、結束時間)

A list of attendees to be ticked off (or a blank list for attendees to sign)
要勾選的與會者列表(或供與會者簽名的空白列表)

taking the minutes - business english phrases for meetings
會議記錄-商務英語短語

The minute-taker can choose to record the meeting on paper (handwritten) or on a computer (typed up), whichever you feel more comfortable with.You will more than likely be asked to type the minutes up later, so that it can be stored electronically and sent around to all the attendees after the meeting – this should be done immediately after the meeting so that you don’t forget any of the points that were mentioned (even your own scribbled notes can seem hard to understand after a while)! Many people who are very familiar with minute-taking tend to use shorthand writing, which enables you to write a lot quicker and keep up with the discussion.
會議記錄員可以選擇將會議記錄在紙上(手寫)或電腦上(打印),以您更滿意的方式記錄。您很可能會被要求稍后打印會議記錄,以便以電子方式存儲會議記錄,并在會議結束后發送給所有與會者,這應該在會議結束后立即完成這樣你就不會忘記剛才提到的任何一點(即使是你自己潦草的筆記,過一段時間似乎也很難理解)!許多非常熟悉分鐘記錄的人傾向于使用速記,這使你能夠更快地書寫并跟上討論。

If you are called upon to take minutes on a regular basis, then it may be worth learning how to do shorthand writing! Remember, you do not need to record every single word that is spoken! Only a brief outline of what is discussed, and all significant points that are made by any of the participants.
如果你被要求定期花上幾分鐘,那么學習如何寫速記可能是值得的!記住,你不需要記錄所說的每一個字!僅簡要概述所討論的內容,以及任何與會者提出的所有重要觀點。

For example, if someone mentions an issue that needs to be dealt with, something positive that is working really well, and any feedback or suggestions. Any key points surrounding the main topics of the meeting should definitely be recorded, as well as any votes or decisions.
例如,如果有人提到了一個需要處理的問題,一些非常有效的積極因素,以及任何反饋或建議。圍繞會議主要議題的任何要點,以及任何投票或決定,都應明確記錄在案。

It is, sometimes, also important to record who said what, for this reason, the minute-taker should know the names of the attendees. If you don’t know their names, you should make a note of their seating position and ask their names at the end of the meeting. If the meeting is with a very large number of people who are not known to one another then, generally, it is customary for them to introduce themselves (mention their name or company name) before they say anything else.
有時,記錄誰說了什么也很重要,因為這個原因,記錄員應該知道與會者的姓名。如果你不知道他們的名字,你應該記下他們的座位,在會議結束時問他們的名字。如果會議是與許多彼此不認識的人舉行的,那么,一般來說,他們通常在說其他事情之前先自我介紹(提到他們的名字或公司名稱)。

opening a meeting - business english phrases for meetings
會議開幕-商務英語會議用語

11. OPENING A MEETING(Starting the meeting)
開會(開始開會)

At the start, while the attendees are arriving, having refreshments or getting settled into their seats, it is polite to make small talk with others (polite conversation about unimportant or uncontroversial matters). This usually fills any awkward silences while people are waiting to begin. Once everyone has arrived, the person hosting the meeting should formally welcome everyone to the meeting, and thank them for coming.
開始時,當與會者到達、吃點心或入座時,禮貌地與他人閑聊(禮貌地談論不重要或無爭議的事情)。當人們等待開始時,這通常會填補任何尷尬的沉默。一旦所有人都到了,主持會議的人應該正式歡迎所有人參加會議,并感謝他們的到來。

If there is a new person in the meeting, or a guest attendee who does not know the others, this would be the best time to make introductions. Followed by the roll call (checking to see if all the attendees are there) and any apologies that need to be made on behalf of an important figure or a regular attendee who couldn’t make it.
如果會議中有一個新的人,或者一個不認識其他人的來賓與會者,這將是進行介紹的最佳時機。然后是點名(檢查是否所有與會者都在場)和任何需要代表重要人物或無法出席的普通與會者的道歉。

If the meeting is a small group then roll call is usually not necessary, as the person taking the minutes will be able to make a note of who was there. In a larger meeting, or one with guests whose names are not known, an attendance sheet should be sent around. So, now you should be able to successfully call a meeting, write an agenda, assign roles to others, take minutes, open a meeting, stay on track and close a meeting! I hope the information provided in this blog helps you to feel more confident when you enter a meeting room, knowing that you are armed with all the main phrases that you may need to use.
如果會議是一個小組,那么通常不需要點名,因為做會議記錄的人可以記錄下誰在那里。在更大的會議上,或與不知道姓名的客人一起的會議上,應發送一份出席表。所以,現在你應該能夠成功地召集會議,寫下議程,分配角色給其他人,做幾分鐘,開一個會議,保持在軌道上,結束一個會議!我希望這個博客提供的信息能幫助你在進入會議室時更加自信,因為你知道你掌握了所有可能需要用到的主要短語。

?